Last time, I watch IU's celebrity behind the film on IU TV, I was fascinated when she explains the meaning behind the "Celebrity" lyrics she wrote - "we often get blamed for being different, but we are unique because we are different and that gives the value of existence. so I want to convey that in a quite cheerful message." We all came from different backgrounds and have different stories and that is what makes us unique.
When I go through comments on youtube, I remember this one, "she's telling that we, each one of us are celebrity. all of us are different and unique." I made ig filter for this song as this song helps me to accept myself. Accept my difference. I remember back in high school I always blame myself bcs ppl always call me weird, and I thought that being weird was wrong. But today I realize, thats ok. That's just my natural personality, I have it but some people don't have it. and that's fine. That defines who I am. Embrace ur weirdness!
I am passionate about performing arts & music from a very young age until now. However, my mum was against it when I passed the audition for the school singing competition. Ibu pernah cakap dulu "tak cerdik budak menyanyi ni dkt TV ni" I was 9 that time and I thought it was true. Day by day, I feel grateful that my mum stopped me from joining idola kecil audition lol. I am grateful that my parents concerned more about education from a young age. I know everything happens for a hikmah.
In today's years old, I discover what is the real meaning behind "content" people often use, especially content creators out there. For me, everyone can be a content creator, content is not just about art, dance, music, etc, it could be from what you learn, you read, you experience, you watch, you see, and all that. In this era of technology, we are able to deliver and express our content through writing (like I'm doing now), singing, story, films, educational videos, and a lot more.
Why artists are well-known? Because they show their creativity, their uniqueness. It is important to have your own identity and try to not copy others. This is important to people out there who want to be a content creator but has no confidence, if you are serious, you may start now!
It is okay if you don't have a lot of followers, as long as you have insightful or fun contents, stories to share with. If you are shy, like me, maybe you can start by writing on blog. If you think you have no idea what to share, you may build your skills by learning through reading articles, watch tutorials etc, any kind of topics you interest in (make sure the contents are from reliable resources), and then share with people who might watch it. As said by Vivy in her book review - try to be different than others, don't just follow trends.
Yang penting, niat! why do u want to start. for sharing knowledge or fame semata mata? FAME DOES NOT LAST. only knowledge lasts. make sure what u are sharing has value to anyone.
Last year I tried to create AR filters on Instagram because I thought It was fun. My filters got an overall 2 Million impressions after I release those filters in a year which was INSANE. It made me happy when I see people from the US, Indonesia, Japan, Thailand, Philippines, people all around the world use the filters I created. I started learning to create AR filters by watching youtube tutorials. I swear youtube AR filter tutorials are very useful. It is important to use ur social media wisely.
No comments:
Post a Comment